Somali President, Mohamed Abdullahi Farmajo has named a committee to spearhead the negotiations between the Federal government of Somalia – Somaliland administration on Wednesday, Somali National News Agency has confirmed.
The six-member committee that is composed of former Somali military officials, member of parliament and diplomats were tasked by the President to spearhead the talks.
1.Abdullahi SheIkh Ismail – The Chairman, MP
2.Abdirahman Abdi Hussein (Guulwade) – Deputy Chair
- Dr. Abdirahman Maalim Abdullahi (Baadiyow) – Member
- Dr. Ali Said Fiqi – Member- Diplomat
- Major Gen. Ahmed Jamaa Muuse – Member
- Ali Ahmed Jamaa (Jangeli) – Member, MP
According to a press statement from Villa Somalia, the new committee is required to undertake the following issues!
- To spearhead and represent the behalf of the federal government of Somalia in the talks
- To prepare detailed research on the legal aspects as well as the political, historical, social-economic and social affairs about the talks.
- Advise and provide updates to the President of the federal republic of Somalia on the progress of the talks.
- Prepare the roadmap of the talks.
- The committee will finalize its structure while having the ability to hire experts and advisors.