Kenya accuses al-Shabaab of abducting workers from Wajir

Kenya government has confirmed the abduction of four construction workers by Suspected al-Shabaab fighters in Northeastern Kenya town.

According to Wajir East Deputy County Commissioner (DCC) Omar Beja, an unknown number of suspected Al-Shabaab militants raided el-Garas area in Wajir County and kidnapped the workers.

Speaking to Nation on Thursday, newspaper based in Nairobi, Beja said the incident happened around 10 pm on Tuesday.

The worker were undertaking road construction between Riba and Konton before the incident.

“I can confirm that four people who were doing road construction between Riba and Konton were kidnapped by suspected Al-Shabaab militants last night,” said Mr Beja who added that one of the victims manage to escape, “We are getting information that the driver fled from his abductors and we can confirm that he is in safe hands.”

Mr Beja stated that the victims had a pick-up truck and grader at the time of the attack.

The DCC said that they were still gathering information on what transpired since the incident happened in a remote area.

Mr Beja said security forces had been deployed in the area to look for the assailants.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here